3D Artist (Generalist)
We’re looking for a 3D Artist/Generalist who will take a key role on our production team.
You’ll be working alongside account management, product, design, and engineering, collaborating on the various layers of our 3D and AR product.
- Create hard surface and organic models using Maya and Zbrush
- Create physically based textures using Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Optimizing polycounts and texture sizes for optimal AR experiences.
- Take photos of variable objects using Photogrammetry techniques and deriving models and textures using Reality Capture/Agisoft Photoscan
- Take existing 3D assets and optimizing their polycounts/textures
Experience & Skills Requirements
- 2+ years experience in games modeling and texturing.
- Strong understanding of the art pipeline for game development
- Experience using Photogrammetry pipeline and techniques required to create AAA assets.
- Strong modeling skills - able to generate clean and efficient models at a fast pace
- Strong artistic ability to visualize final products with sometimes minimal concept art
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates
- Deadline oriented- being able to manage and organize work so you meet all deadlines and are able to adjust when changes happen
- Must have a relevant 3D art portfolio to apply
Nice to Have
- AAA Game Studio Experience
- Some experience in other disciplines in game development pipeline (Engineering and Animation)
- Office is a 5-minute walk from the beach.
- Coffee, espresso, La Croix, and lots of snacks!
- Catered lunches delivered twice weekly at no cost to staff.
- Close to Third Street Promenade and downtown Santa Monica Metro Expo Line.
- Bi-weekly happy hour.